THE ABOVE PICTURE...

is an original. That's my LV Speedy & my cowgirl boots resting on a very hot day en route to the Louvre in Paris, France.

Wednesday

CUSTOM CURLS!

Last week, while in a full service salon one of the black hair-dressers came up to me to ask me about my natural hair. 3 days prior to our conversation she had made the "big CHOP," she cut all of her relaxed hair off, and as a result had a very modern and feminine "buzz cut" that fit her personality and friendly face, perfectly! It looked so natural on her. She mentioned she was inspired by a beautiful black woman, she had seen on the train that was bald, the day before she decided to cut her own hair. We went on to discuss the American and African American perception of "beauty."

Excited to meet another young woman with natural hair (me) and buzzing with curiosity and excitement, she asked me "What products do you use on your [natural] hair? what can I use on mine?"

Ladies! here is MY answer: When we "perm" or "relax" our hair we use the same chemical to produce the same result (straight hair). When your hair is in its natural state, meaning the way your unique and individual curl pattern forms from your own scalp, it will not be the same as anyone else's hair! Whatever products work for me may not work for you

Embrace what comes natural to you, if you so choose too. 

Test out and try as many products as you may need to. Have fun on your natural hair journey and most importantly embrace your individuality and love your body.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. So many people start their natural hair journey with an idea in their head of how they want their hair to look, not taking into consideration one's texture. They think they can use the same products as their favorite you tube guru or whoever and their hair will look the same. This way of thinking can cause frustration and disappointment.

    ReplyDelete