THE ABOVE PICTURE...

is an original. That's my LV Speedy & my cowgirl boots resting on a very hot day en route to the Louvre in Paris, France.

Thursday

SOLANGE, AU NATURALE . COUTURE


Chop! Chop! Ms. Solange Knowles cut the length and relaxer off of her precious tresses and went "natural" as black women call it. Personally I think it's great! Solange responded to the criticisms about her new look via her twitter account “this. phase. of. my. life. i. want to spend . the time. the energy. and the money. on something else. not in the hair salon.” Yes, girl! I'm right with you! “i. just. wanted. to. be. free. from. the. bondage. that. black. women sometimes. put. on. themselves. with. hair... dont. want. a. edge. up. or a perm. because. im not trying. to make this "a style" or a statement.”

Me? I think that natural hair is beautiful! You can not change what God gave you, it's natural (Not even with a relaxer).

I've gone 6 months and 2 weeks with no relaxer and I don't plan on getting another one, ever!

I Love running my fingers through my natural curls. So, Solange Knowles: I applaud you!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this segment! Natural hair is the epitome of confidence. There's nothing like the internal boost you get from showing external bravado! I say "Go on Royal Kourt!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree! I too am growing out my relaxer...6 months, 9 days and counting! Wearing your hair naturally is such a statement that goes WAY beyond the superficial. We are speaking against a system that says the way God made us is inadequate which is completely untrue. Besides, our hair is so unique. I personally have about 4 different hair textures. 4 different textures on one head!! Who else can say that?!

    ReplyDelete